CCS is pleased to share the news, views, and tools you may have missed this past week!
- Congratulations to Rachel Hutchisson, The Giving Institute’s New Board Chair! CCS, along with our fellow Giving Institute member firms, is thrilled to welcome Rachel Hutchisson as our new Chair! Hutchisson is currently Vice President of Corporate Citizenship and Philanthropy of Blackbaud, another member firm of the Institute. Learn more about her in the Institute’s recent press release.
- A few simple stewardship practices can help develop meaningful donor relationships. Thank you notes, recognition in annual reports, and other traditional donor acknowledgement tactics are still important, but what else can religious organizations do to steward their donors? The Catholic Fundraiser blog outlines some great stewardship strategies to engage donors in the ministry and mission of the Church.
- Top fundraising tips from the Bridge to Integrated Marketing and Fundraising Conference. If you didn’t attend the Bridge conference in Maryland last week, you can catch a few highlights from some of the sessions! Inside Philanthropy covers a few tips about board engagement, digital fundraising, and more from the conference.
- What’s your purpose? Strong brands such as Virgin and Apple have a clearly defined purpose that has successfully engaged both internal and external constituents. How can nonprofit organizations follow suit? The Guardian issues a call-to-arms for charities to define and promote their purpose.
- Did you know that in the US wealthy donors give an average charitable gift that is 10x higher than the general population’s average gift? You can learn about this data and more by downloading our latest Snapshot of Today’s Philanthropic Landscape!