CCS is pleased to share the news, views, and tools you may have missed this past week!
- Don’t underestimate the economic power of the non-profit sector. From 2000-2013, the non-profit workforce increased 22.6%, while the government workforce increased about 5% and the business workforce less than 1%. The Urban Institute outlines the impact that President Trump’s proposed budget could have on non-profit jobs.
- These cities have the most multimillionaires. A recent Wealth-X report highlights cities across the globe with the highest ultra-high net worth (UHNW) individuals. CNBC’s Inside Wealth breaks down and compares UHNW populations in cities such as Houston, Hong Kong, and New York.
- Do your homework! According to interviews and polling by the Carnegie Corporation of New York, high net worth donors shared the top factors that have impacted their giving over the years. The Chronicle of Philanthropy shares how researching these donors’ charitable motivations can make a big difference.
- Enhance your listening skills. We all know that great listening is integral to successful fundraising. Dr. Travis Bradberry, Co-author of Emotional Intelligence 2.0, reveals on LinkedIn seven small strategies for strengthening this important skill.
- Download an advance copy of the Snapshot of Today’s Philanthropic Landscape! Who gave the largest gifts last year? Which corporations were the most generous? Find the answers to these questions and more by downloading an *advance copy* of CCS’s Snapshot of Today’s Philanthropic Landscape.