The end of a calendar year provides a natural juncture for reflection and planning. After such a tumultuous year as 2020, it’s more important than ever for development professionals and nonprofit leaders to take stock of all that we’ve been through as we plan for 2021 and beyond.
As 2020 draws to a close, check out some of CCS’s top resources from this unprecedented year.
1) Forward-Looking Philanthropy Webinar
Tune in to this recorded session to take a deeper look at how nonprofits can use lessons from 2020 when setting 2021 strategies into motion.
2) Philanthropic Climate Survey: Fundraising Impact of COVID-19
This spring, CCS launched a three-part Philanthropic Climate Survey series to assess how the COVID-19 pandemic has affected nonprofit fundraising. Our latest Fundraising Impact of COVID-19 report presents September 2020 data from nearly 1,400 respondents representing nonprofits of all sectors.
3) Snapshot of Today’s Philanthropic Landscape
If we want to understand where philanthropy is going, it helps to understand where philanthropy has been. In contrast to our Fundraising Impact of COVID-19 report, CCS’s annual Philanthropic Landscape covers longer-term trends in philanthropy. The report aggregates industry research that can help inform your decision-making and set a baseline by which to measure the effects and scale of future changes in philanthropy.
4) Blog Highlights
As you develop and refine your 2021 fundraising plans, check out some of CCS’s guidance on revenue forecasting, repositioning your funding focus, and prioritizing prospective donors.
- Your Fundraising Forecast Cheat Sheet for 2021 – Meghan Davison, Corporate Vice President at CCS, provides an Excel tool and step-by-step advice to forecast fundraising revenue amid uncertainty.
- Repositioning Nonprofit Emergency/Immediate Response Funds– CCS directors Courtney Labetti and Alex Fruin discuss how to adapt an existing response fund to address new community needs and fit into your long-term development strategy.
- RFM and Wealth Screening for Major Gift Strategy – Jessica Roberts, Director of Data Insights and Client Engagements, and Kate Villa, Corporate Vice President, discuss how to leverage RFM (Recency, Frequency, Monetary Value) analysis as you advance your major gift strategy and prioritize your team’s resources.
Throughout this extraordinary year of challenges, CCS has been proud to support the nonprofit community in its efforts to persevere. We thank you for all that you do.
Looking to elevate your fundraising?
CCS plans and implements development initiatives to help nonprofits make a bigger impact.START A CONVERSATION
About the Author
CCS Fundraising is a strategic fundraising consulting firm that partners with nonprofits for transformational change. As leading consulting experts in campaign and development strategy, we plan and implement fundraising initiatives to help nonprofit organizations make a bigger impact—locally, nationally, and globally. For over 70 years, CCS has empowered many of the world’s greatest organizations to advance some of the most important causes in history. While the results of our work are immediate, the impact of the strategies, tools, and tactics we develop with our clients are enduring.