“The greatest part of our work is when we sit with our clients, no matter the institution or their understanding about philanthropy, and work hand in hand with them to accomplish things they perhaps really only dreamed were possible."
Managing Director Steve Manno began his fundraising career at United Way of Central New York and his alma mater, Canisius College. It was Steve's former supervisor at Canisius who introduced him to CCS as the firm was managing the college's Imagine Canisius campaign. After interviewing with the firm, he felt there was something special about the work and joined CCS in 1998. Since then, Steve has worked with organizations across all nonprofit sectors. He leads the firm’s work in the St. Louis area and throughout several central U.S. states. Steve’s enthusiasm for CCS and the clients it serves is one reason why he greatly enjoys mentoring new directors who come to the firm. “The caliber of professionals we work with is frankly unreal. We engage with some of the most influential philanthropists and nonprofit leaders in the world. We are trusted to do this work and are given an unbelievable responsibility,” says Steve. Steve has also helped design and lead firm training programs and is a regular presenter at various conferences and webinars across multiple nonprofit sectors.
- Arkansas Children's Hospital (Springdale, AR)
- Diocese of Des Moines (Des Moines, IA)
- Diocese of Lincoln (Lincoln, NE)
- Nashville Symphony Orchestra (Nashville, TN)
- Forest Park Forever (St. Louis, MO)
- Whitfield School (St. Louis, MO)
- Cardinal Glennon Children's Foundation (St. Louis, MO)
- Samuel Roberts Noble Foundation (Ardmore, OK)
- Preservation Hall Foundation (New Orleans, LA)
- Children's Mercy Hospital Kansas City (Kansas City, MO)
- Make-A-Wish Missouri (Ballwin, MO)
- Arbor Day Foundation (Nebraska City, NE)
- Boys & Girls Club of Central Iowa (West Des Moines, IA)
- Truman Library Institute (Independence, MO)