“The greatest part of our work is when we sit with our clients, no matter the institution or their understanding about philanthropy, and work hand in hand with them to accomplish things they perhaps only dreamed were possible."
Steve Manno has spent nearly his entire career in fundraising, including over two decades with CCS. Steve is proud to serve as the chief architect for and thought partner with his clients, believing in the power he has in elevating humanity by securing the capital his clients need to advance their mission.
When approaching any client engagement, Steve grounds himself in the big picture, understanding the desired outcome and potential impact. Steve’s passion for his work has led him to personally feel the weight of responsibility and ownership in each partnership – from raising funds to build a new church to funding community health initiatives.
As Managing Director, Steve leads the firm’s work in St. Louis and throughout the Central U.S. He oversees a team of fundraising experts and feels privileged to work with them, as well as with his dedicated client partners.
Steve has rooted his career in CCS for the past 22 years, working with organizations of every demographic and raising over $1 billion for a host of charitable needs. His areas of expertise include development assessments and analysis; campaign studies, planning, design, and management; volunteer recruitment and development; board and staff training; start-up philanthropy; and major gift cultivation and solicitation.
In an effort to further advance fundraising and philanthropy, Steve regularly presents at conferences and webinars across sectors for the Woodmark Group, AHP, various AFP chapters, and even piloted CCS’s first podcast series on philanthropy. Steve also shares his expertise as co-chair of the firm-wide Healthcare Sector Group.
Steve is a native of Syracuse, NY and a graduate of nearby Canisius College, where his passion for philanthropy was born after engaging in grassroots fundraising efforts with classmates. Steve currently resides in St. Louis, MO and is a proud father to his son, Sam; together, they enjoy boating, travel, skiing, and fishing.
- St. Louis Children’s Hospital Foundation (St. Louis, MO)
- Community School (St. Louis, MO)
- Thomas Jefferson School (St. Louis, MO)
- Whitfield School (St. Louis, MO)
- Forest Park Forever (St. Louis, MO)
- Gateway Arch Park Foundation (St. Louis, MO)
- Cardinal Glennon Children’s Foundation (St. Louis, MO)
- Make-A-Wish Missouri (Ballwin, MO)
- Truman Library Institute (Independence, MO)
- Children’s Mercy Hospital Kansas City (Kansas City, MO)
- Temple Congregation Ohabai Shalom (Nashville, TN)
- YWCA Nashville & Middle Tennessee (Nashville, TN)
- Vanderbilt University Medical Center (Nashville, TN)
- Nashville Symphony Orchestra (Nashville, TN)
- Arkansas Children’s Hospital Foundation (Little Rock & Springdale, AR)
- Samuel Roberts Noble Foundation (Ardmore, OK)
- Archdiocese of Oklahoma City (Oklahoma City, OK)
- Preservation Hall Foundation (New Orleans, LA)
- Our Lady of La Leche National Shrine (St. Augustine, FL)
- Diocese of Des Moines (Des Moines, IA)
- Diocese of Lincoln (Lincoln, NE)
- Arbor Day Foundation (Nebraska City, NE)